In 2015, the Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida partnered with the University of Central Florida and the Go Baby Go program under the direction of pediatric specialist, DPT faculty member, and DSACF Medical Advsory Board Member Dr. Jennifer Tucker. UCF Go Baby Go! strives to provide innovative, accessible, and practical options to improve the lives of individuals with limited mobility.
Through workshops, and individual builds, UCF Go Baby Go! provides children with mobility limitations modified ride-on cars, drastically impacting their lives by getting them moving! Mobility has been demonstrated to positively affect a child's physical, cognitive, and social development.
UCF Go Baby Go! is currently accepting applications for upcoming Workshops, so if If you know a child who would benefit from receiving a Go Baby Go car (and meets the criteria below), please fill out the form below so that we nominate your child.
- Is between the ages of 6 months and 5 years old
- Can sit supported for 10 to 15 minutes
- Can see
- Can hold his/her head up by himself/herself
- Can use two hands to hold a toy
- Parent/Guardian is able transport the built car home following the event